Stenbock House (Rahukohtu tn 3, Toompea Hill, Tallinn) – this is one of the most impressive structures within the Estonian capital (completed in 1792, using the designs of architect Johann Caspar Mohr). It was originally intended for use as a court, but with insufficient government funding, it instead became a private residence.
During the Soviet occupation, the Russian authorities assigned various state uses for Stenbock House: the Tallinn School of Law, the Supreme Court of the ESSR, various district courts, the Pharmacy Board, notary’s office and the art classes of the Tallinn Pedagogical Institute. Since 2000, this has been home to the government of Estonia. Open to the public.